Our Commitment to Fighting COVID-19
Genesis Medical Diagnostics is proud to announce that our at-home blood and saliva tests with telehealth diagnosis for COVID-19 are now available to consumers. By partnering with Baylor College of Medicine, we have multiple laboratories working to test and diagnose many people every week. Our current priority as a testing and health assessment organization is to expand at-home testing for COVID-19. We have come a long way since January 2020 when the first cases of the disease were detected in America. Where then equipment and testing preparedness were low, we are now capable of testing and diagnosing for COVID-19 in a matter of days. Learn more about Genesis Medical Diagnostics process and transparent test pricing.
What Is a COVID-19 Test?
We are committed to fighting COVID-19. One important step is being able to accurately identify whether or not you have the disease or not. To do so, we offer a test that checks for certain types of proteins that are part of the virus. People who have been exposed to COVID-19 will be able to tell quickly and inexpensively whether or not they have the virus. This test won’t be able to tell you if you have an active infection, but it can give you the information you need to either find peace of mind or move on to the next step of treatment.
In Case of Emergency
If you are experiencing serious symptoms, don’t wait for a test to show you are positive or not. If you have symptoms such as trouble breathing, new confusion, bluish lips or face, persistent chest pain or pressure, or the inability to wake up or stay awake, seek emergency medical care immediately. Call 911 or reach out to your local emergency facility and notify the operator that your or the person you are seeking care for may have COVID-19.
Who Should Get a COVID-19 Test?
The COVID-19 test might be right for you if you:
- Have not had symptoms or been knowingly exposed to someone who has COVID-19 in the last 10 days
- Have been diagnosed with COVID-19 at least 10 days ago
- Suspect you have or had COVID-19 but have no serious symptoms and want to know for sure
The COVID-19 antibody test may not be right for you if you:
- Are trying to diagnose COVID-19 (there are other means)
- Are currently sick and have had a fever within the last few days
- Have been diagnosed with COVID-19 less than 10 days ago
- Have been directly exposed the virus in the past two weeks
- Have a weakened immune system
What does the COVID-19 test tell you? It tells you if there are certain proteins from the virus in your body. The test does not tell you any information regarding how contagious you may or may not be.
What to Expect When Testing Through Genesis Medical Diagnostics
Getting a blood test for COVID-19 through Genesis Medical Diagnostics includes:
- Overnight delivery of sample (shipping label included)
- Shipping materials following CDC guidelines for infectious disease samples
- Private, secure digital results
- We are HIPAA complaint, and we never sell customer data
- Telehealth consultations offered to individuals with positive results
- Positive results are communicated to all mandated federal and state reporting agencies
Genesis Medical Diagnostics is committed to doing everything we can to help stop the spread of coronavirus. With us, you will be able to order your test online without a doctor order or insurance approval. You will pay for your test online, provide a sample specimen and receive your results securely within 72 hours depending on the complexity of the test. The executive team here at GMD are composed of licensed physicians and nurses. All tests offered are FDA-approved tests that are conducted in a Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) approved laboratory. Learn more about what Genesis Medical Diagnostics can do for you.
Stay tuned for more information…